Monday, June 2, 2008

Some people shouldn't be teachers

This article infurates me to no end. What is WRONG with people?? Why do people like this become teachers? I had this teacher in the 4th grade who was evil. I have always been terrible at math so I had a lot of questions. Every other teacher I have ever had had always been patient and understanding and offering to help me whenever I needed the extra time. But this woman, whenever I had a question, she would throw her hands up in the air, or make some comment, actually implied once that I probably have a learning disability. Once we were reading in a circle and I was a little shy, I did NOT like to read in front of people. I still have a fear of speaking in front of people. As myself, as someone else I'm totally fine, of course. So, I was nervous and uneasy so I was stuttering a bit. She asked me if I could even read and then asked if I had a stutter. In front of the entire class. Evil, spawn of satan, evil evil! She gave me such a complex. My mother pulled me out of that school. She was so angry. So I can only IMAGINE how this mother feels! I'm not comparing what I went through with what this poor child went through. What he went through is inhumane and cruel. My point is that I don't understand why there are teachers like this. You go into that profession because you want to make a difference, you love children, you believe in our future, you want to contribute. Well, those SHOULD be the reasons. But I start to question what these teachers' reasons are for going into the profession because they do not express any of these qualities and wants. This woman should be fired and never ever allowed to teach anywhere ever again.

Kindergarten Show Trial


Sorry for the angry post. I needed to vent.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Gah
I know exactly what you mean..
Why do they become teachers if they are just going to be like that..
I also find them very hard to learn from.

Maybe after a few years in the profession they just.. burn out..

Ah well.
Best of luck.